Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Athblian shona duit



Happy New Year to you.


What can I wish that this day, that this year, may bring to me?


Nothing that shall make the world of others poorer, nothing at the expense of others; but just those few things which in their coming do not stop with me but touch me rather, as they pass and gather strength:
A few friends who understand me, and yet remain my friends.
A work to do which has real value without which the world would feel the poorer.
A return for such work small enough not to tax unduly anyone who pays.
A mind unafraid to travel, even though the trail be not blazed.
An understanding heart.
A sight of the eternal hills and unresting sea, and of something beautiful the individual hand has made.
A sense of humour and the power to laugh.
A little leisure with nothing to do.
A few moments of quiet, silent meditation. The sense of the presence of God.
And the patience to wait for the coming of these things, with the wisdom to know them when they come."

4 comments:

Talking Bear said...

Happy New year 2 U PJ........:)

with much love from the 5M's

His Girl Friday said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Peajay said...

Ditto HGF and TB :DD

storyteller said...

I've not been visiting as many blogs lately as I've been fighting off a sore throat, so what little time I spent at the computer was devoted to posts for my two blogs. I'm catching up today for I feel better, though I'm keeping the Vitamin C, zinc, and throat lozenges handy just in case. We've got rains coming so the winds have abated ... finally. Both should help as long as I stay indoors where it's toasty.

Thanks for these lovely and thoughtful new years wishes. I'm glad you're out there and that we've met in this "virtual" world.
Hugs and blessings,