Saturday, April 26, 2008

I've been ta(n)g(o)ed

Go raibh míle maith agat goes to Wellied On Life for tagging me (^_~).
I have updated the list with the first question that got kind of overlooked in the mêlée.

Things I was doing 10 years ago:
I was pursuing my Heraldic Art & Calligraphy career whilst enduring chronic back pain. This culminated in 1998 with my third spinal fusion. My brother left his wife and new son that year and never went back, leaving her to bring up two little boys alone.
'The young have aspirations that never come to pass, the old have reminiscences of what never happened.' H. H. Munro

Five things on my To-Do list today:
1. Walk the dogs.
2. Fill in Tax Return.
3. Check work timesheet figures against payslips (I know that sounds a no-brainer but I'm new to this proper pay packet thing and hadn't thought that it might be wrong)
4. Try website building in Dreamweaver.
5. Go out for dinner.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. As per WoL, pay off any debts and those of my family and friends. generally make life easier for them.
2. Buy an art gallery and workshops in order to set up a cooperative of newly qualified Jewellery and Silversmithing students providing them with a means to both make and sell.
3. Buy a large enough house with grounds so I can't see my neighbours .
4. Buy two properties in County Kerry, Eire. One for get aways and the other for my Mother.
5. Purchase the car of my dreams, a classic Mini Cooper S in British Racing Green.
6. Continue to work - "Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Three of my bad habits:
1. Disorganised (but God knows I try so hard not to be)
2. I get sidetracked easily.
3. Dreaming.

Five places I've lived:
This one proved a bit tricky as I haven't travelled far from home.
1. Essex (place of birth)
2. Hertfordshire (but in 3 different houses)

Five jobs I've had:
Again this proved tricky.
1. Heraldic Artist & Calligrapher.
2. Jewellery Designer/Maker
3. Academic Support Worker.

Five books I've read recently:
1. An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy, 1917-1963
2. The Golden Compass , The Amber Spyglass & The Subtle Knife from the His Dark Materials trilogy.
3. Norman Rockwell - A Life.
4. Dreamweaver CS3 - The Missing Manual.
5. Flash CS3 - The Missing Manual.

Five people or communities I'm going to tag:
1. Mazza
2. The Storyteller
3. Sleepy Bear Hollow
4. Sx
5. The Gamekeeper.

9 comments:

storyteller said...

I found your comment at Small Reflections and clicked over to see what I was in for. I've added your 'tag' to my 'memes to do whenever' folder and will let you know when I get 'a round tuit' ;--)

Like you, I've not strayed far from where I was born ... so there won't be five places I've lived ... and unless I list different 'settings' ... there won't be 5 jobs either, but I'll hold the questions in mind and see what I come up with.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Thanks for thinking of me.
Hugs and blessings,

His Girl Friday said...

Peajay,

I forgot one of the questions, and have just added it:

'what were you doing ten years ago'

...so hopefully we can catch my oops before the others get to their lists!!! :)

storyteller said...

I'm stopping by to let you know I've decided to this tag in my Monday Meme post tomorrow. I managed to come up with 5 jobs, but just 4 places I've lived. I see you've added a paragraph at the top about what I was doing 10 years ago ... so I'll do that too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

His Girl Friday said...

Dreaming's a good thing, P
:)x

Peajay said...

It's not always considered so by those around us.

His Girl Friday said...

hmmm, I think I understand that.

dreaming away the hours, and dreaming which promotes relaxation or sparks creativity which leads to action...all are good, the first one, only a problem if it overtakes our lives and we waste away our time, so to speak. :)

Peajay said...

As I say, some people consider any dreaming to be a waste of time.

His Girl Friday said...

well, then bah humbug...(to them, not you!) ;)

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Peajay,

you've been tagged:

http://roonthehoosemindthe
dresser.blogspot.com/