Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tall Ships Regatta - Cornwall






I must go down to the seas again,
To the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship
And a star to steer her by..."

John Masefield

"No more beautiful sight can be imagined than a morning at sea, with these magnificent vessels racing in mid-ocean, perhaps two or three of them in sight at one; the sun rising among golden clouds; the dark blue sea flecked with glistening white caps; long, low black hulls cleaving a pathway of sparkling foam; towering masts, and yards covered with snowy canvas which bellies to the crisp morning breeze as if sculptured in marble..."

Captain Arthur H. Clark

3 comments:

storyteller said...

Love these photos … and I always go see the Tall Ships when they’re in Dana Point Harbor here off the coast of California ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Peajay,
I received your postcard today! Thank you! :)

I love the photos of the tall ships, very neat!

Storyteller,
I think the the Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftan are due for a tour up the coast next year, they stop in Long Beach, maybe. They're out of Aberdeen, Washington.
We've gone on a 2hour sail with them, for a battle re-enactment. It was fantastic!

storyteller said...

HGF - thanks for the heads up. Long Beach is even closer to me than Dana Point ;--)
Hugs and blessings,